Imaging Competition 2024 submission form
Terms and conditions
- Overseas entrants must collect prizes in person at European AstroFest 2024 or make all shipping arrangements.
- Submitted entries must not have been previously published in print (books/magazines) or been a winner or runner-up in any other imaging competitions.
- Only one entry per entrant per category.
- The judges will choose the top four images in each category for display at European AstroFest 2024, and from these four images in each category will select the overall winners.
- The competition launches next week, and closes at 11.59pm GMT on 13 January 2024. Any entries received after this date will not be considered.
- The prizes do not include anything other than what is described above. There is no cash alternative.
- Images must be taken in person by the entrant. Images taken over the Internet using commercial robotic telescopes cannot be entered. Any AI-generated images will be disqualified.
- Images format must be JPEG, TIFF or PNG. Please supply the highest-resolution version available. Please do not add signatures to images.
- The winners will be announced at European AstroFest 2024, and then posted on europeanastrofest.com, on social media channels and in Astronomy Now magazine. Winners will also be notified individually via e-mail.
- We cannot reply to individual entries to confirm receipt. We will not be held liable for entries that are damaged or corrupted.
- Entrants to the under-18 category must have the support of a responsible adult, either a parent, family member, guardian or teacher. The adult must also provide their own contact details and confirm that the image is the sole work of the entrant.
- Personal data provided will be used solely for the purposes of administrating the competition. Winners will allow their details to be shared with competition sponsors Celestron for the purpose of sending their prize to them.
- Entrants will allow their image to be published in a gallery in a future issue of Astronomy Now, and on and .
- The organiser’s decision is final.